Get ready ghouls and girls for an epic Halloween in the Chesapeake Bay Region! The region is bursting with costume parties, haunted houses, Halloween festivals and more pumpkin-packed events. Whether you enjoy getting seriously spooked while watching the scariest horror films of all time or prefer to celebrate Halloween by leaf peeping while visiting some of the greatest fall getaways from Chesapeake Bay, we’ve got you covered.
So scroll down to start planning your descent into madness. Oh sorry, we meant fun.
- 1. You don't need reservations -- only courage -- to go through this Haunted House! Nationally known Bennett’s Curse in Jessup, MD has all the classics of a medieval vampire horror movie with escalated terror due to it’s interactive nature with amazing special effects.
- Enjoy a “merry-not-scary” Halloween at the Baltimore, DC and Norfolk! See all of your favorite zoo animals while you explore the Treat Trails, pick a mini pumpkin to bring home, and experience plenty more kid-friendly activities. Boo at the Zoo at The Maryland Zoo, Boo at the Zoo Smithsonian National Zoo and ZooBoo at the Norfolk Zoo are great events.
3. Experience a Halloween-inspired event like no other this season at The Venetian Ball, a venetian masquerade-themed evening taking place at The W Hotel. The ball promises to thrill the mind and liven the soul through masquerade, music, spirits, dining and unexpected theatrical performances.
4. Looking for somewhere to take your family on a picture-perfect fall day trip on the Chesapeake Bay? Check out these 8 pumpkin patches near the Chesapeake Bay that offer much more than just pumpkin picking. The memories you make at these farms and orchards will be unforgettable.
- Clark’s Elioak Farm - Elliott City, MD
- Holly Fork Farm Pumpkin Patch - Barhamsville, VA
- Jumbo’s Pumpkin Patch – Middletown, MD
- Gaver Farm – Mt. Airy, MD
- Berkeley Plantation Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch - Charles City, VA
- Fall Festival at HIckory Ridge Farm - Chesapeake, VA
- Weber’s Cider Mill Farm – Parkville, MD
- Montpellier Farms – Upper Marlboro, MD
- Knightongale Farms – Harwood, MD
- Pumpkin Patch at Greenbrier Farms - Chesapeake, VA
- Hunt Club Farm - Virginia Beach, VA
5. Pumpkinville! - Toano, VA
6. Westmoreland Berry Farm and Orchard – Colonial beach, VA
7. Grab your costume and your skates? The best way to combat eating candy is a Halloween On Ice Party.
8. Every Halloween, people from all over Baltimore come to the cobblestones of Fell's Point to take part in the second largest Halloween celebration in the United States after Salem, Mass. Adults, teenagers and college students all convene on the bars and streets of Fell's in an all-night tribute to the one night of the year when anything goes.
9. The adult version of Halloween is the Halloween Pub Crawl and Annapolis has one the best. This crawl has some of the most amazing scariest and sexiest costumes.
10. Pets and costumes are almost as cute as kids and costumes. Havre de Grace has one of the cutest Pet festivals, Howl-o-ween Trails and Treats Pet Fest and Parade.
11. You just never know what will be behind each corner of haunted corn maze, it could be the exit, a corner that forces you to turn around, or a frightening creature that wants to make you his next victim! The Cox Farm features The Field of Fear that puts a haunted twist on a corn maze. Choose your next turn wisely…
- In an area as historic as the Chesapeake Bay and the Nations Capital you can celebrate Halloween in historic times. Luckily for us, Martha and George Washington have offered up Mount Vernon as a trick or treat stop!
- BOO stories of the Bay should be annual event to read. Here are nine scary Chesapeake stories for Halloween.